The Sokoine National Agricultural Library (SNAL) is a university library as well as a national library for agriculture and allied subjects in Tanzania. It is the largest and most comprehensive agricultural library in the country, and is open to all. Being a national library, we strive to serve not only members of the university community but also any other person in need of information in the country and scholars from all over the world. The library has a strong team of multi-skilled staff with sound subject knowledge. More than 50% holds bachelor degree and more than 30% have postgraduate training in the broad sector of information and library profession. The library has an IT section with qualified staff who manages electronic services and resources. Being an academic institute of the university, SNAL is hosting academic programmes for training at Diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The library is located at the SUA's main campus and has a branch library at Solomon Mahlangu Campus. More information is available under the history of the library.
These are our values
- Professionalism and excellence in providing information and library services
- Staff that are approachable, helpful, committed and happy to working for the library
- Strive to provide ready access to print, electronic and up to date sources of information
- Promote greater utilization of library services for research, teaching and learning
- Ensure availability of skilled and competent human resource to meet present and future requirements in the information and library sector
- We evolve to meet the changing needs of the Library and its users